Thanks for your interest in being part of the Autism Parents Association of Trinidad & Tobago or APATT for short. Our membership is completely FREE of charge (no fees of any kind at any point). As a legal non-profit organization, we believe families affected by Autism in T&T have a right to be well represented and they shouldn't be charged to access this service.
Adults on the Autism Spectrum, Autism Parents and immediate relatives are invited to become members of APATT. Therapists, professionals, educators and volunteers can also join APATT as Friends and be part of our database.
Our Registration for Membership is a two-part process:
1. The first part allows you to select a Username, Password and Email address for Registration. Optionally, this first part can be faster if you have a Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, OpenId or Twitter account but it is NOT required.
2. In the Second part of the Registration process, we will ask you to fill a form with some personal information about you or your loved one with Autism. It will help us to get to know you better and have a greater understanding of your particular situation for future representation.
APATT's membership comprises of:
1. Parents/Guardians of children or adults on the Autism Spectrum residing in Trinidad and Tobago.
2. Adults on the Autism Spectrum residing in Trinidad and Tobago.
3. Siblings of children or adults on the Autism Spectrum residing in Trinidad and Tobago.
4. Spouses of adults on the Autism Spectrum residing in Trinidad and Tobago.
5. Children of adults on the Autism Spectrum residing in Trinidad and Tobago.
If you have plans to come to Trinidad and Tobago to live in the near future, we will kindly advise to make the move first and once you're settle in Trinidad or Tobago, you can then register.
We will also have a comprehensive database for Friends of APATT, meaning those who are not Members of the Association but wish to be part of it because they provide services that cater for people on the Autism Spectrum or they wish to Volunteer. Please keep in mind that you need to reside in Trinidad and Tobago in order to be part of our database. This requirement is waived for Volunteers since many may come from abroad.
APATT's database of Friends comprises of:
Medical practitioners, educators, professionals and therapists: If you are a medical doctor, a therapist, a professional or an educator who provides services for individuals on the Autism Spectrum you will be asked to fill a form with personal information, educational background and the services that you offer. Please keep in mind that when you agree to be part of this database, you also agree to have your services reviewed by parents.
Companies: If your company is willing to hire adults on the Autism spectrum, you will be asked for basic Company information.
Volunteers: If you are interested in volunteering, you will be asked some basic personal information as well as the kind of volunteer work you are able to give. Your information will be kept in our database and we will contact you if any opportunities arise.
ALL persons on the Autism spectrum, Autism Parents, Therapists, Professionals, Educators & Volunteers are invited to register for FREE.