1. FREE membership and future benefits.
APATT membership is FREE (no hidden fees of any kind at any point). As a legal non-profit organization, we believe families affected by Autism in T&T have a right to be well represented and they shouldn't be charged to access this service or any other.
2. APATT is a family. You are a member of our family, not a number.
When we are representing the Association in formal communications with those in authority / those who can help the Association, we want to be able to pull out your name and state "X member of our Association needs this" hence, registration is vital for us to be able to do that since our forms are detailed with regards to your needs and particular case.
3. We do understand your situation. APATT’s founders are parents of 3 children on the Autism spectrum.
If you take care of a loved one who is on the spectrum, we DO understand the joys and the serious challenges that are associated with this condition. We do not speak or discuss Autism from an outsider's perspective or from a priviliged position. We can connect with you and your family in a way that only another parent living it can relate.
4. APATT is all about Trinidad & Tobago.
We believe that keeping the focus on what is needed in our country, is vital to be able to obtain the kind of resources our children need.
5. FREE and EXCLUSIVE access to database with contact information and parental reviews of doctors, therapists and professionals in Trinidad & Tobago.
As a member of APATT you will be able to access a comprehensive database that includes a list of professionals that cater for the needs of children or adults on the Autism spectrum locally. This database includes medical doctors, therapists, schools, educators and other professionals. This feature is only accessible to APATT members.
6. FREE access to chat / discussion with parents / individuals with Autism all over Trinidad & Tobago.
A place where members and Friends of APATT ONLY can get together to discuss the issues that affects us all in an atmosphere of privacy, camaraderie and to also relax and have a laugh or two.
7. If you need to get help, come get the facts from APATT and avoid the myths and misinformation.
If your loved one was just diagnosed with Autism or you suspect he / she might be on the Autism spectrum and you do not know what to do next, APATT will be glad to help you go through the entire process. We will provide you with accurate information and support to assist your loved one. Remember, once you are a member of APATT, you are family to us.
8. We represent Adults on the Autism spectrum too.
Children with Autism become adults with Autism in the future. APATT believes that adults on the spectrum need to be given opportunities to shine and excel in society. As a member of APATT, we will be pushing for opportunities for employment and education for adults on the spectrum as well as seeking free health related services for them.
9. FREE professional services / FREE gifts to APATT Members.
APATT knows how hard you work and we want to ensure you also get a little break and enjoy yourself. As a member of APATT, you can access some FREE services that Friends of APATT may offer to our members from time to time. Currently, we are seeking companies and individuals willing to provide these services FREE to our members. Why? Because you deserve it!
10. APATT will always remain FREE.
You will never be charged / asked to purchase anything. Future benefits for APATT members will be given to you completly FREE of charge.
1. FREE membership.
As a Friend of APATT, you will be able to join us completely free of charge.
2. FREE inclusion in our database for doctors, therapists and professionals.
Let the parents come to you. You will be included in our comprehensive database with all your contact information so parents can contact you and benefit from your services.
3. FREE access to chat / discussion with parents / individuals with Autism / professionals all over Trinidad & Tobago.
As a Friend of APATT, you will be able to access your respective board and chat with colleagues or parents who might be interested in hiring your services.
4. Give back to the community through ICare APATT.
There are countless families in our country who need your assistance, support, services and a few things that can cheer them up. In APATT, we believe in uplifting Autism families to make their lives happier. Through ICare APATT, and with your generous offer to our members, we can put you in touch with these families directly so you WILL see firsthand how they benefit from you offer instead of donating items or services to other organizations and never getting the chance to see the final result or how your gift was utilized.
5. APATT will always remain FREE.
You will never be charged / asked to purchase anything.